Saturday, December 10, 2011

New interview with Joey Pinkney

Joey Pinkney: Where did you get the inspiration to write Freedom Is Not Free?
King James: I got my inspiration for this book based on a situation that my father went through. He died in 2009, and I wanted to let the world know what was going on. My father was fighting for fair economic treatment for his neighborhood called Madison Park, which is in Montgomery, AL. The neighborhood is one of the oldest black communities in the Southeast.
JP: What sets Freedom Is Not Free apart from other books in the same genre?
KJ: This book is a mixture of a detective/mystery novel, an urban lit novel, and a conspiracy adventure. My main character Rashard “Stone” Williams was a former gang member that turned his life around. He served in the Iraqi War and was a highly decorated U.S. Marine. The book picks up with him working as a Houston police detective.
JP: As an author, what are the keys to your success that led to Freedom Is Not Free getting out to the public?
KJ: I have to say that using social networking sites and going to book fairs have led to my success. I’m starting to see the fruits of my labor.
JP: As an author, what is your writing process? How long did it take you to start and finish Freedom Is Not Free?
KJ: I usually write at night because I’m a night owl. It took me a few months to finish this book.
JP: What’s next for King James?
KJ: I’ve been making some moves. I have a new book called Tangled Webs, which is written by myself and Bobby Rodgers. The next move for me is putting out a new Rashard “Stone” Williams novel called Bayou City Blues. So if any readers out there love action packed stories check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment